1. May 2016 eCommerce Comparison White Paper: Magento, Odoo, PrestaShop & Shopify
2. 2 Introduction Introducing the eCommerce offers available today Over the past few years, internet purchases have dramatically increased. Current statistics show that purchases made online have doubled between 2014 and 2015. The convenience of online shopping has made it the preferred medium for many shoppers with products and services at their fingertips via their smartphones or tablets. For example, consumer’s cart of online purchases on a mobile device has risen significantly during this time. In 2015, an average of 500€ of online purchases has been made via mobile by Europeans and $670 for US consumers. The eCommerce boom doesn’t seem to feel the effects of “economic crisis” as it continues to rise. Projections for the coming years show an even greater increase in these figures as a greater number of consumers convert to online shopping mediums. From a sales perspective, choosing the right eCommerce software for your business is vitally important. An eCommerce solution cannot be limited to just a “Buy” button on your website; many features should be taken into account when comparing solutions. Behind any eCommerce page there is a real business to manage where you’ll need other solutions like inventory management, accounting software, marketing tools, etc. On the front end, you’ll need an interface that provides great usability that will encourage repeat customers and improve your sales. Lastly, an eCommerce solution should also showcase your products, using a beautiful and functional design to win over customers. Features Comparison In order to offer a fair comparison of the top eCommerce solutions we chose to compare some of the most popular solutions: Magento, Odoo, PrestaShop, and Shopify. We have compiled a table of the most important features an eCommerce platform should offer plus any built-in business management solutions which benefit the operation of an online store. These are grouped into eight categories: Product Management, Design, Customer Management, Shipping, Promotion & Marketing, Sales Management, Reporting, and Productivity. These categories encompass most everything a company might need to manage and develop its online shop. In this table, we have also included a comprehensive list of the pricing conditions for each solution.
3. 3 Introduction to eCommerce Software Magento Magento is an open-source eCommerce software solution developed in 2008 under the company’s original name, Varien. Today, the company changed its name for its product’s. Magento is considered as one of the leaders in eCommerce. Their platform processes transactions for over $50B in gross merchandise volume annually. 240,000+ merchants 300+ partners #1 internet retailer platform - 2015 66,000+ developers “ THE NEXT GENERATION DIGITAL COMMERCE, TAILOR-MADE FOR YOUR BUSINESS ” Magento exists in 3 versions: Community Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Enterprise Cloud Edition. The Community edition can be downloaded for free whereas the other two are billed annually. For this comparison, we chose to compare the Enterprise edition.
4. 4 Odoo Odoo is an open source software founded in 2004 by a student. Firstly known as OpenERP, the brand changed its focus from an ERP solution to a suite of business applications. More than 360 apps are available thanks to the multiple developments made by Odoo S.A. and its community. Some of these apps are officially validated by Odoo, whereas others developed by the community are dedicated to specific versions for specific needs. “ GROW YOUR BUSINESS ” Odoo is available in three editions: Community, Enterprise, and Online. The Community edition can be downloaded free of charge via the Odoo website. The Enterprise edition offers more features but comes with a yearly cost. The Online offer is the equivalent of the Enterprise version but hosted in the cloud and monthly billed. For this comparison, we choose to compare the Enterprise edition. 2+ million users 120+ countries 1,500 developers 730 partners
5. 5 PrestaShop PrestaShop was founded by French students in 2007. Ten years later, the open source software can be proud of providing more than 250,000 online store owners with a simple, complete, and internationally adaptable software. The company has locations in Paris and Miami and hosts more than 850,000 members in its open source community. 3,500 adds-on 200 countries 250,000 online stores 65 languages “ YOUR ECOMMERCE SUCCESS STARTS HERE ” PrestaShop is available to download for free. The latest stable edition 126.96.36.199 was released in July 2015. The upcoming edition 1.7.0 is scheduled for a stable release in Summer 2016. For this comparison, we chose to compare the 188.8.131.52 edition.
6. 6 Shopify At first, Shopify was developed in 2006 by an entrepreneur disappointed by all the existing eCommerce software options to run his own shop. A decade later, the software is used by more than 243,000 online shops with a total of $14M in sales. 500 employees 4 offices in Canada 243,000 active shopify stores “ SHOPIFY GIVES YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL ONLINE BUSINESS ” Shopify offers 2 types of products: an eCommerce software and a retail POS system. These products are available for the online SaaS platform only. Concerning the eCommerce part, there are 4 monthly forfaits; Lite, Basic, Pro, and Unlimited. For this comparison, we chose to compare the Pro forfait. founded in 2006
7. Features Comparison Product Management Catalog Management Configurable Products (Variants, Attributes, etc.) app Product Inline Page Builder Digital Products Product Reviews Recurring Products (Subscriptions) extension addon app In v entory Management Barcode Support extension addon app Product Demand Forecasting app Stock On Hand Stock Available Supply Chain extension addon app R eturn/Exchange Management Shipment Tracking Backorders Management extension addon app Multiple Warehouses Purchase Management extension addon Inventory Reports Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v184.108.40.206 Shopify Pro 7
8. Only available for Enterprise edition. There are 996 themes available for Community edition. For Odoo Enterprise v9. There are 98 themes in total. For version 1.6.1. only. There are +1700 themes in total. 1 2 3 Design General WYSIWYG Editor Drag & Drop Page Builder (Building Blocks) Responsive Web Design Auto-Generated Sitemaps Customizable HTML/CSS Available Themes 2 1 80 2 1340+ 3 156 eCommerce Usability Breadcrumb Navigation Site Search Engine Sorting of Search Results addon Product Multiple Pictures per Product Bulk Image Upload Bulk Product Import/Export Hierarchy of Categories Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v220.127.116.11 Shopify Pro 8
9. Customer Management Cart Abandonment Tracking app Persistent Cart Customer Portal Buy Without Signup Customer Testimonials Customer Contact Form Customer Order History Customer Specific Prices app Live Chat on Website app Affiliates Management addon app Wish List addon app Shipping Custom Shipping Rules Flat Rate Shipping Label Printing addon app Gift Wrapping Option Free Shipping Options Weight Based Shipping Shipping Connectors: DHL extension addon app Shipping Connectors: UPS extension addon Shipping Connectors: USPS extension addon Shipping Connectors: FedEx extension addon Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v18.104.22.168 Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v22.214.171.124 Shopify Pro Shopify Pro 9
10. Promotion & Marketing Email Auto Response Email List Management Drag & Drop Mail Designer Affiliate Program Support addon app Coupons & Promo Codes addon Reward Points Discount Management Cust omizable Email Templates Integrated A/B Testing extension addon Gift Cards addon Product Ratings Product Bundling app Product Comparaison addon app Up-sells in Shopping Cart extension addon app Cross-sells on Product Pages app eBay Marketplace Integration extension addon app Amazon Marketplace Integration extension addon addon app Private Sales addon app Site-Wide Banner Advertising SEO Integrated SEO Inline SEO Suggestions Optimized URLs Link Tracker Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v126.96.36.199 Shopify Pro 10
11. Sales Management Sales Reports Search Reports addon Data Import SSL Support Integrated Invoicing extension addon app Multi-Store Support Taxes by Country/State Advanced Taxes: Fiscal Positions Payment & Pricing Features Payment Gateway: Redirect Payment Gateway: Server 2 Server Recurring Payments addon PayPal Integration Multi-Cu rrency / Multi-Providers Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v188.8.131.52 Shopify Pro 11
12. Reporting Reports Sales Report Inventory Reports Su bscription KPIs (MRR, Churn, etc.) Google Analytics Integration extension Product Performance Reports Sales Summary Reports Site Search Report Report Engine Dynamic Graphs extension Dynamic Pivot Table Customizable Dashboard app Export Report to Excel 1 addon Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v184.108.40.206 Shopify Pro Available with extension for Community Edition. 1 12
13. Productivity & Usability Productivity Ability to Add Fields in Backend Ability to Add Fields in Front-end addon Users Satisfaction Brand Visibility (Google Trends) Usability Full Web Interface Fast Backend (Ajax) Responsive Backend Multi-language Interfaces API Apps Store 94,201 extensions 7,300 apps 1 2,904 modules 2 1,536 apps Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v220.127.116.11 Shopify Pro Since Odoo covers lots of business needs, not all the 7,300 apps are related to eCommerce. There are 2,462 modules available with v1.6.1 compatibility. 1 2 13
14. 14 User Interface With software applications in many different industries, one of the most commonly underdeveloped components is the user interface (UI). Many choose to invest less time and resources into designing an optimally functional UI as it is considered a second priority to core functions and back-end developments. This lack of balance typically translates into a poor user experience and minimal impact on productivity. When it comes to efficiency and end-user satisfaction, fine-tuned usability is one of the most important factors in any software. Indeed, a solution must take into account the needs and goals of a user in order to actively help them achieve their objectives. The user interface supports the overall product design in deci - phering human factors such as preferences, habits, and learned skills in order for the software to effectively serve its intended purpose. A strongly functional design is critical in providing a positive user experience. Usability is measured as a software’s ability to anticipate what a user might need to do. This includes ensuring that all of the elements in the interface are easy to access, understand, and use. Well designed software will provide usability that helps the users feel comfortable with the system as well as with obtaining their desired result. It will help users perform actions quickly and become more efficient. Best practices also advise having a simple interface with consistency (common elements) and a page layout based on hierarchical importance and flow. Let’s have a look at screenshots of the back-end of these four products to compare the layouts of each interface. User Interface - Magento
15. 15 User Interface - Odoo User Interface - PrestaShop
16. Usability Implementation Cost Ease of Setup Ease of Use Reports Flexibility Speed / Scalability 1 CDN By Default Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v18.104.22.168 Shopify Pro See analysis on http://www.slideshare.net/openobject/odoo-open-source-cms-a-performance-comparision 1 16 User Interface - Shopify
17. Pricing & Conditions MONTHLY PRICING $1,500 $25/user 1 Free $79 Free Cloud Version Contract Duration Yearly Yearly Monthly Free Trial n/a Free Updates Upgrades to Future Versions Hosting & Maintenance n/a Support 2 For a minimum of 5 users. Requires buying service packages. 1 2 Pricing & Conditions Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v22.214.171.124 Shopify Pro 17
18. Odoo was formerly known as OpenERP before 2014, so both keywords were used to reflect the growth since their beginnings. 1 18 Market Trends The following graph was created with the Explore Tool on Google Trends. The color curves show the num - ber of Google searches for the associated keywords. This metric shows the relative consumer interest in each software platform. Odoo is not an eCommerce dedicated software. It’s a suite of business applications where the eCommerce app is integrated with the other ones Odoo offers. The search volume on this graph might include non-eCommerce searches. User Satisfaction Ratings on g2Crowd 3.8/5 4.4/5 4.4/5 4.4/5 Ratings on GetApp 4.5/5 n/a 4.0/5 4.2/5 Ratings on Capterra 3.0/5 5.0/5 2.5/5 n/a Magento Enterprise Odoo Enterprise Pre staShop v126.96.36.199 Shopify Pro
19. This whitepaper was compiled by Odoo SA. We did our best to make it objective and fair. If you find a mistake or a missing feature, please report it to email@example.com and we will update this document. Our goal is to have a continuously updated compar - ison of the main competitors to be as accurate as possible. 19 Conclusions All the articles about eCommerce give the sames trends: mobile/tablet-friendly, flat design, large images, fast and simple. Moreover, there’s a feature that will continuously be improved: the usability for visitors. Software usability has to keep the “codes” in order to satisfy the user and help them become more produc - tive. This applies for the merchant too, keeping the “codes” satisfies the buyer and increase their sales. With this comparison, we can see how difficult it is for eCommerce software to have both features and usability. On one hand, Magento and PrestaShop have a lot of features, but their usability has to be improved. On the opposite, Shopify doesn’t have native features, but shows real progress in usability. In the middle, we find Odoo with many unique features and a very good and satisfying usability interface. Previously dedicated to ERP, Odoo is far from being mature in its eCommerce app, but it offers many possi - bilities. Odoo eCommerce developments are in their infancy. The app is very promising, without forgetting the integration with the other apps of the business solution. When choosing your eCommerce software, don’t forget to picture your business in the upcoming years. This will help you to make the right choices today and have control over your growth. Think about an eCommerce software that can be easily integrated with other business solutions. An easy integration means that it has to be simple and fast while also incurring minimal implementation costs. The ideal solution would be to integrate with your eCommerce software other solutions which look alike. You will be at ease with the back-end interface without losing any productivity. This is how business application suites come in handy.
- 310 Total des vues
- 236 Vues du Site web
- 74 Vues incluses
- Partages sociaux
- 0 Aime
- 0 N'aime pas
- 0 Commentaires
Partagez le comptage
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 www.cabinet-numerique.fr